- Repetitive chants.
- Brown, Margaret Wise. Goodnight Moon.
- Carle, Eric. 1,2,3 To The Zoo.
- Degen, Bruce. Jamberry.
- Eastman, P.D. Are You My Mother?
- Eastman, P.D. Go Dog Go.
- Martin, Jr., Bill. Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You
- Martin, Jr., Bill. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
- Martin, Jr., Bill. Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You
- Sendak, Maurice. One Was Johnny.
- Williams, ? I Went Walking.
- Predictable tales.
- Brett, Jan. Goldilocks and the Three Bears. (or another
- Carle, Eric. Very Hungry Caterpillar.
- DePaola, Tomie. Strega Nona. (can be paired with Magic
- Dodd, ? Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy.
- Fox, Mem. Hattie and the Fox.
- Freeman, Don. Corduroy.
- Galdone, ? Little Red Hen. (or another version)
- Galdone, ? Magic Porridge Pot.
- Galdone, ? Three Little Pigs. (or another version)
- Galdone, ? What's in Fox's Sack.
- Hyman, ? Little Red Riding Hood.
- Kimmel, Eric. Gingerbread Man (or another that has the
traditional rhyme: Run, run as fast as you can, you can't catch me
I'm the gingerbread man.)
- Most, ? Cow that Went Oink.
- Sendak, Maurice. Chicken Soup with Rice.
- Seuss, Dr. Cat in the Hat.
- Slobodkina, ? Caps for Sale.
- Stevens, ? Three Billy Goats Gruff.
- Walsh, ? Mouse Count.
- Wells, Rosemary. Max's Chocolate Chicken.
Back to: Top |
Lists |Booktalks main
Joan Kimball (NY) contributed most of the titles on
Webmaster | Last
Updated: August 28, 1998 | Copyright © 1996-1998 by
Dale Copps. Copyright © 1999 by Nancy J. Keane
Permission is granted for the noncommercial duplication and use of
this resource, provided it is substantially unchanged from its
present form and appropriate credit is given.