- A view from Saturday -- Konisburg -- Newbery a few years ago. A group of misfits cooperate to reach a goal.
- The Wandere" by Sharon Creech. In it a family group that have a lot of animosities have to cooperate to get a small boat across the Atlantic
Ocean. The message of the book is more about appreciating each other's strengths than a blatant message of cooperation. This may be too hard for fourth grade readers.
- Avi's book "Perloo the Bold" is about two warring animal societies that end up respecting each other and seeing how much alike they are.
- THE LANDRY NEWS
- THE WHITE MOUNTAINS the boys have tocooperate in order to escape
- Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis the children have to cooperate and work together to successfully vanquish evil.
- Harry and his pals in the Harry Potter books cooperate quite a bit. Hermione does the research, Ron is the big pal and Harry is the risk taker.
- Pee Wee Scout books by Judy Delton
- Magic Tree House books by Osborne
- Bill Wallace’s Journey into Terrorfits the bill, because the boys must cooperate to escape from the clutches of the criminals.
Back to: Top | Reading Lists |Booktalks main page
| Last Updated: March 27, 2001 |
Copyright © 1999-
by Nancy J. Keane
Permission is granted for the noncommercial duplication and use of this resource, provided it is substantially unchanged from its present form and appropriate credit is given.