Contributor's Form (list
Back to: Top |
Lists | Booktalks
- ?? Once upon ice and other frozen poems / Honsedale, PA :
Wordsong/Boyds Mills Press, 1997.
- ?? "The Black Pearl"
- ?? "A High Wind in Jamaica"
- ?? "Carry On, Mr. Bowditch"
- ?? "Dirk Pitt Adventures"
- ?? "Dolphins"
- ?? "Dove"
- ?? "Kon Tiki"
- ?? "Lord of the Flies"
- ?? "Mutiny on the Bounty"
- ?? "Polar Star"
- ?? "Ring of Endless Light"
- ?? "Sphere"
- ?? "Stranded"
- ?? "The Caine Mutiny"
- ?? "The Deep"
- ?? "The Perfect Storm"
- ?? "Up Periscope"
- ?? "Voyage of the Frog"
- ?? Rough Water - orphan boys - uncle who owns white water
- ?? Swift River Go. It is a picture book about how 3 town's in
Massachusetts that were submerged to make a reservoir for drinking
water in Boston, MA. This really happened.
- ?? The "Horatio Hornblower" Series
- Brittain, Bill Coven Tree: The Three Wishes has one of the
wishes involving water -- it is very funny.
- Buck, Pearl Big Wave
- Byers Down River (?) young boy and grandmother tied to
rocking chair forced to escape from Indian raid by raft
- Carter - Between a rock and a hard place - cousins on a coming
of age canoe
- George The missing gator of gumbo limbo - ecology, water
- Giff, Patricia Reilly Lily's Crossing This book is about
Lily's summer (1944) at Rockaway Beach by the Atlantic Ocean.
- Guterson. Snow Falling on Cedars
- Guthrie, Donna. Nobiah's well : a modern African folk tale /
Nashville, Tenn. : Ideals Children's Books, c1993. SUMMARY An
African boy carrying home precious water for his family shares it
with a succession of animals and eventually has his kindness
repaid in an unexpected way.
- Hobbs Down River (?) - the one about the Colorado River Raft
- Locker, Thomas, 1937- Water dance San Diego, Calif. :
Harcourt Brace & Company, c1997. SUMMARY Water speaks of its
existence in such forms as storm clouds, mist, rainbows, and
rivers. Includes factual information on the water cycle.
- Peterson, P. J. White Water. It is about a young man whose
father drags him on a white water rafting trip only for his father
to get injured on the trip and the young boy has to help them all
survive. It would be a great reading level for 3rd grade.
- Proulx The Shipping News,
- Sharpe, Susan. The Waterman's Boy. The novel deals with some
boys who live on the Chesapeake, whose families depend on the Bay
for their living, who track down water polluters.
- Speed, Toby. Watervoices New York : Putnam's, c1998. SUMMARY
Illustrations and descriptive text in the form of riddles present
water in some of its many forms: morning mist, sprinkler spray, a
thunderstorm, and a bedtime bath.
- Taylor, Timothy. The Cay It also has a hurricane involved
which might demonstrate the power of water under certain
- Verne, Jules "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea"
- Yolen, Jane. Water music : poems for children / Honesdale,
Pa. : Wordsong/Boyds Mills Press, c1995.
Webmaster | Last
Updated: August 1, 1999 | Copyright © 1999 by Nancy
Permission is granted for the noncommercial duplication and use of
this resource, provided it is substantially unchanged from its
present form and appropriate credit is given.